Archive for July, 2009
I’m at the Comedy Nest tonight. If you haven’t been to an open mic here, it’s one of the best in the city. This should be lots of fun and worth the $5 cover.
(514) 932-6378 (directions)
Hey Internet! First of all, I’m sorry that I haven’t been around for the past week. I had inlaws in town so I was being all tour guidey and such. So the site got pretty much ignored last week. Then, I had a problem coming up with something to write about. I had a few ideas buzzing around my head, some moview reviews, some video game reviews, a few comical pieces. However, I really think I found a cause that needs addressing sooner rather than later. If I don’t do it, someone might just get hurt.
That’s right people! I’m talking about… NEW TWITTER USERS!!!
Twitter is awesome. We all can agree on that. So awesome, in fact, that it’s really gotten the eye of the regular media. With their recognition came the new Twitter user. You know who you are. You probably noticed it on Good Morning America, saw it referenced on an ad for 24 or heard about from one of your “computer-y friends”. It was probably explained to you like, “It’s kind of like having a site where you just do your Facebook status over and over.” It sounded stupid but you thought you’d give it a throw and as soon as you started getting 3 and 4 friends. You were hooked. You are now a Twitter user… or are you?
It’s the Indyish Mess time again and this time it will be hosted by your’s truly. That’s right. So come on out and join in the weirdness that is the monthly mess. Here are the details.
Featuring & Showcasing:
- DJ Hunky Dory: Spinning us back to the 80s and 50s!
- Wind Up Radio Sessions: Men Singing folksy and deeply about love!
- King Bochek: Bilingual, gently rockin’ anti-folk minimal country blues!
- The SSRIs: Indi rock-out-loudish group, and from across the land, all way from British Columbia!
- Jon Cohen Experimental!!!!!!!!!!!: GAMIQ Nominated psych folk harmonies!
Along with the wondrous music playing, we’ve got:
- Jessica Salomon, an ex-lawyer turned comic
- “Festive Air”, an Amazing story telling presentation by Jeff Gandell, Jeff gives the saying “there’s other fish in the sea” a whole new meaning!
- A vibrant dance piece, Bear in Mind from the Terdermorcels
- Some truly unique art work by Evlyne Bouchard!
It looks to be a freakin’ riot so come on out.
435 Beaubien Ouest, 4th Floor
(Two Block West of Parc Avenue; Closest Metro, Parc)
Back at the Comedy Nest tonight hosting the open mic night. Usually is a raucous evening of hilarity so come on down and enjoy the night.
(514) 932-6378 (directions)
Heading down to John Hastings room to do some new material tomorrow. Come down to the Next Door room if you haven’t been or you’re over in Outrement. Good food. Good booze. Great comedy.
Comedy at Next Door
5175 Sherbrooke Street West, corner Marlowe
Montreal, QC Canada (directions)